Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekend cake-Fireman's helmet and hose





I had so much fun making this Fireman's helmet cake.  The hardest part I think was the poured sugar for the helmet shield. I had to repeat the process 5 times. Although it isn't difficult making the melted sugar The first suggestion I would say is not to use canola spray like pam. This will leave a yellow tint to your sugar and if you want it to stay clear you're better off using crisco to grease your mold. In my case I used a cake pan and a triangle cookie cutter to make my design. The recipe I used was from www.howtocakethat.com . I didn't have a problem with the recipe it was how I made my mold.

The cake was a white cake with raspberry filling with buttercream frosting. The hat was made using a metal bowl then covered with fondant. The bottom tier was first covered with fondant then I made strips of fondant to look like a hose then painted on the dirt. The nozzle was made from rice crispy treats.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes