Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my kids. I's always bitter sweet this time of year for me.  Sort of sad to see the summer ending but on the other hand it's nice to look forward to the change of season.
Im not sure what's harder to believe that fact that my babies are getting older or me getting older (sniff).

I decided to post some of my kids favorite after school treats this week. Warning... they may not all be as healthy as you might like or think they should be but trust me my children do eat well balanced during the day.   I think a little sweet in moderation is ok.

Today I made a simple batch of Toll House chocolate chip cookies.  I use this recipe most often because for 1. it's quick and easy 2. it's consistent  3. they are always tasty. And the fact that these are the most requested cookie from my family.  My middle daughter tells me that they are here all time favorite.








Recipe
Pre heat oven to 375 F
Toll House Recipe
2 1/4 cups Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Cup butter (unsalted)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 brown sugar (I like light brown)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time. Combine flour salt and baking soda in a separate small bowl and give a good whisk just to combine. Slowly add flour mixture to the sugar mixture until all is well combined. Drop by the round spoonful on an un greased cookie sheet. I like to use a sheet of parchment paper just in case. 
Bake for 9-11 minutes.


Nothing smells like home than a batch of baking chocolate chip cookies!


My babies 1st day of school....


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes