Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bacon-Egg-Cheese in a muffin tin

Bacon-Egg-Cheese 
Good Sunday Morning!

I make these once in a while for my kids. It's a fun size for them to pick up and eat plus I get to use the muffins tins other than for cupcakes or muffins.

Very simple to make and it's one of those culinary things you can get the kids involved.

Ingredients:
6 Eggs use a whisk to beat them well
8-10 slices of cooked crumbled bacon
Shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
Frozen hash browns or your own grated potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste.




First I like to cook my bacon in an oven until it is nice and crispy. Of course you can cook on the stove top it's what ever works best for you.
Once cooked to your liking drain on paper towel and allow to cool.
Then crumple the bacon. This part can be done the day before or 2 before great use for left over bacon.
 The kids love getting their hands into this and scrunching the pieces up. Set them aside.





Grease the bottoms of your muffin tins with butter or with a cooking spray.

Place either frozen or fresh grated potatoes. For this I used frozen hash brown just because I had them on hand and it saves a bit of time.

I baked them for about 15minutes-you want them to be slightly brown.

 Remove and cool a bit before adding scramble egg mixture.







Whisk 6 eggs as though you were going to make scrambled eggs. At this point I also added a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
I measured 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into each cup.
I added about a heaping tablespoon of white cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon into each.

Bake at 400 for 12-15min or until you see they are beginning to brown.





Dont know why I put this one in..
Just liked the close up. Ha!


These look perfect. Not too brown but just enough so they are thoroughly cooked.
Pop them out and have with a nice glass of OJ.









Enjoy











No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes