Friday, May 11, 2012

Caramel Banana Crepes with Walnuts and Nutella


I hadn't made crepes in a long time, I think I felt a little intimidated making them.  Sometimes they'd come out light and fluffy and others they would be hard as a rock.  I've read in several books that you should incorporate air bubble in the batter,, this will keep them light and airy.
So I pulled out the ole Kitchen aid using the wire whisk.
RECIPE:

2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/2 cup all purpose flour You can use all white flour I just wanted to add a little of the wheat.
dash of salt
1 Tablespoon oil

Heat your pan at least a good 10-15 min. I don't have a "crepe pan" so I use my trusty old frying pan. I used pam spray to coat but you can use butter or oil. Be sure not to burn the butter.
Combine flour,  sugar,  salt, milk, eggs and oil. Mix at least a minute or two. 
Allow the mixture to set a few minutes before pouring into the hot oiled pan.





  





I use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop into my pan. Pour into the center and give it a good swirl so the entire bottom its covered. Cook about 2-3 minutes until you see the bottom is a nice golden brown then give it a flip and cook for another minute then slide out of pan onto a your plate.

For the Filling                                        
2 Large Bannas
1/4 cup brown sugar    
Nutella
chopped walnuts
2 Tablespoon Butter


In a sauce pan melt your butter then add walnuts cook for about 2-3 minutes.  Add brown sugar and cook until you see  bubbles begin to form. Quickly add your sliced bananas. Completely coat the bananas with the sugar mixture then allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Spread Nutella onto your crepe and about 1/4 cup of banana mixture and roll it up like you would a tortilla.

Spread a think layer of Nutella onto the crepe.




Add about 1/4 cup of filling and roll like a tortilla.



Serve warm-these are really good!
ENJOY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes