Monday, April 9, 2012

Mint Brownies

These have to be the most moist and decadent brownies I've ever made. I usually only make them for special occasions because they do take some time to put together but boy are they worth every bite.

I've seen many different ways to make them so I'll be brief on my strategy in putting this together.

I use my favorite brownie recipe. But I have all used store bought brownie mix in a pinch. Either way it's an elegant dessert for home or to bring to a party.


Once you have your brownie base, mix together 1 package of cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon mint flavoring. Pour on top of brownie base and bake using your brownies directions. For the topping your can use a simple chocolate buttercream frosting or make a chocolate ganache.
1 Cup of heavy cream
12oz. chopped semisweet chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla.
Heat heavy cream in a medium size sauce pan and bring just to a low boil and remove from heat. Place chips in cream and allow to melt. Give a good stir then add vanilla. Pour on top on brownie and allow to cool about 1 hour. I like to garnish with a mint leaf and a swirl of ganache.


ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes