Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easy Trail Mix Cookie Bars



There are times when your creations don't turn out to be what you may have intended. And then when all seems lost sometimes just a little tweak is all you need to make it better.

 I got the idea to make a cookie using up the rest of a bag of trail mix left by my kids. Actually it was almost a full bag and the thought of throwing it away didn't seem like a good option so... (Too expensive).
 
I made up a batch of my favorite plain cookie batter. This recipe comes from Dominos Sugar http://www.dominosugar.com/recipe/1001-cookie-starter-mix-264

You can pretty much add whatever you want to this, it is a good base to start. In my case I added almost an entire bag of trail mix, which was a little over 1 1/2 cups of trail mix and 1 cup of chocolate chips.

The first batch of cookies unfortunately came out too chunky. Not that it's a bad thing but it just seemed too chunky for a cookie. So I thought what about a bar cookie. So I greased and floured a 13 x 9 pan and I lighted patted down the dough.  This makes a pretty thick bar so If you don't want it to be use two pans or cut the recipe in half.

Pre heat you oven 350 and bake 25-35 minutes. Ovens vary so it's always best to check for doneness with a tooth pick inserted in the middle-if it comes out clean your good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes