Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Daughters Birthday Party


For the first time I actually planned out a party. For me that's a feet because I usually just wing everything. This year my daughter asked for a "Pink Themed" party. With her day so close to Halloween I decided to incorporated some of the seasons colors too.



I wish I had taken a picture of the inside of the cake but I did make it checkered board style "black and pink".  Frosting well is pretty obvious :)-Pink butter cream with pink and black rosettes.


I just love this idea of personalizing the root beer bottles. Each of the girls had there own special bottle.
I did the same with their goody bags.





I also  used large and small mason jars for her favorite candy. One of her friends happens to be diabetic so I tried to give her some options too. I made her up 2 jars of sugar free hard candies and sugar free mint pattys.



   
Of course I couldn't have just candy on the table....I added her favorite fruit too, Grapes and Apples.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that’s so nice of you! I can still remember the party my mother organized for my 8th birthday. It was great, and we had lots of fun! We had an intermission number and some parlor games. And I can say that it was one of most memorable party I’ve ever had.

    Carlene Boley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carlene, it's fun to plan those milestones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter's birthday party theme is so cute. I love your creativity in making the cake, the goodies and the root beer bottles. But I think you missed something – the birthday hat. The birthday hat will complete the elements of this special event. Anyway, I think that even without a hat, they still enjoyed the party, am I right? What matters is you were able to make your daughter's birthday very special. Good job! -Nita Digirolamo

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes