Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just a few of my favorite cupcakes

I Love Chocolate! I got this idea freading through some blogs. The acorns are made from  Hershey's kisses and vanilla chocolate wafers. I probably should of used a milk chocolate wafer but...oh well next time.












I've made this cupcake quite a bit lately. It's a Banana Cake with Peanut Butter frosting with a chocolate ganache glaze...can you say yummy!













I made these for my mom birthday this year. She loves cherry cordials so I used maraschino cherries dipped in dark chocolate for the ganache. Adding a little or the cherry juice to the frosting gives it a really nice flavor.






These are a very simple "lower" fat cupcake cap. I replaced the oil with 6 oz. of apple sauce and used egg beaters instead of whole eggs. A garnish of sliced strawberries top it off. A nice alternative to the regular butter cream frosting.









I loved this idea of putting your batter into ice cream cones and baking. These work great for kids parties or school fund raisers. These happen to be a test run for my daughters birthday.















I made a bouquet of these pretty flower cups for an anniversary. I think pipping on flowers certainly dresses up any cupcake for any occasion.








The best inspirational book for making cupcakes has to be "Hello Cupcake". My sister got me this book for christmas one year and let me say when ever I need ideas I grab this book. Anyway...This was the first cupcake I did from that book. My son was into Harry Potter at the time. so for his birtdhay I made up these cute owl cups. They were a big hit with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes