Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies with Nutella Cream Filling

I got the idea for these from a post a friend of mine put
up about Elvis Presleys' death. And so I  in his honor I made these extremely tender and delicious Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies.
   Adding a banana gives this cookie not only an extra boost of
vitamin C and fiber it gives it a soft moist texture.  If you are looking for a crisp cookie this may not be the one for you.  It reminds me of a thin whoopie pie. Although Elvis didn't add chocolate to his fried PB and banana sandwich  I thought it added a nice touch. Hey..if my kids like it that says something..I cant get them try anything ha!

The recipe for these cookies is one I adapted from a Better Homes and Garden cook book. I omitted 1/2 the butter and added the banana. Try to use a small to medium banana any larger makes the dough difficult to work with.



Pre Heat oven 350

RECIPE
1/2 Cup  butter
1 small to med. banana
1/2 Cup peanut butter-or chucky
1/2 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl cream sugars and butter. Chop or dice banana then add. Mix well. Add egg and vanilla. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and give a good stir. Add the dry to the sugar mixture and stir until well combine. Using a scoop or a  spoon measure out about a Tablespoon per cookie on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes depending on your oven

Remove and cool on a wire rack.
These are great alone or add some Nutella for a filling or make a Nutella frosting.

Frosting
1 Cup nutella
2 Cups powdered sugar
8oz cream cheese at room temperature
1-2 Tablespoons of milk-sometimes I'll use a little to thin it out just a bit

Sift Powdered Sugar
Cream nutella and cheese slowly add sugar-if it's too thick for you to spread add a little milk.





A few for the kids  




And a few for my uncle...


ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes