Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Pudding



Growing up I remember fondly my mom cooking homemade chocolate pudding in a double boiler on the stove. She would usually make it during the winter months. For me it was that feel good- warm up with a cup of hot cocoa after sledding with my brothers and sister.
Although my mom's culinary abilities were somewhat limited she certainly made up for it with the sweet stuff she'd whip up. Something I certainly inherited.
I suppose like most kids the only thing I didn't like about it was the film that would form on top.
I'd just couldn't wait to scrape it off and get to the creamy goodness below.
Isn't it funny how you change because now when I make it I look forward to piercing through it with my spoon. I guess it's just one of those nostalgic memories that take you back.


RECIPE 

3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
2 3/4 Cups Milk
3 Egg Yolks
3 squares of chopped un-sweetened chocolate
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Unsalted butter
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

In a medium size saucepan mix together
Cornstarch
salt
chopped chocolate

In a small bowl whisk egg yolks and set aside.

Turn heat on med/high slowly add milk.
Continue stirring while mixture comes to a low boil. Mixture will become thick-remove from heat.
Slowly whisk 1/2 cup milk mixture into egg yolks
Again add another 1/2 cup of the milk mixture to egg yolks-this will temper eggs.
Pour egg mixture into the medium saucepan and continue cooking for approximately 2 minute until 
mixture come to a full rolling boil, Remove from heat 
Add butter whisk
Add Vanilla and whisk thoroughly
Pour into your individual glasses cover each with plastic wrap. I press it right onto the pudding-this way you'll prevent that film but it you like it don't put it :)


Makes 6  1/2 cups servings




Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes