Thursday, April 14, 2011

Buttercream Flowers

Really- what smells better than Daffodils in the spring?

  I was inspired to make these tasty little treats from a video tutorial on "www.mycakeschool.com".  If you should ever get the chance check out her web site. Melissa has a ton of wonderful ideas and instructions on decorating cakes and cookies.

My version of a Daffodil. Next time I'll use a bit stiffer icing, this was a little too soft but it did the trick.


These cakes are going to my daughters homeroom tomorrow  in honor of  Earth Day (4/15)


I know I'll be incorporating these designs on other treats. Roses are really beautiful on cake but I think I've fallen in love with doing the Carnations. I like the fact that they are easy to make and they add they have a bit of elegance to them. 

I was given these cute silicone baking cups at Christmas. These are great for kids parties or themed adult parties. These came from the Christmas Tree shop but you can find them almost anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes