Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes



 I've seen these "Cookies and Cream" cupcakes on a few blogs lately so I thought I'd give these yummy looking treats a go.
I decided to put a whole cookie in the bottom of the muffin cup. Some have a top taken off with the cream side up. After eating one I see why the a top is taken off.  Its a smooth bite all the way through the cupcake. Also you could put crushed cookies into the batter-I didn't because I thought it might be too much cookie. But I'm sure they would be just as tasty.
I should of taken the paper off but I was in a hurry-you get the picture :)

I whipped up American style butter cream  with crushed up Oreo's and placed a mini Oreo on top. I think these would do good at school bake sale. What kids can pass up an Oreo...not me..

All you need is your favorite cake batter
1 Package of Oreo's
1 Package of Mini Oreo's if you want to use as a garnish
Your favorite frosting-good to go..

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of the cookie on the bottom... .very clever! looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes