Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Muffins


So this morning I decided to mix up my chocolate chip muffin mix.. My kids being very picky about everything they put in there mouths. I decided to try the recipe with substituting a little whole wheat flour and adding wheat germ (honey). Not one kid mentioned they tasted different or funny. And to boot they each had a second. So sometimes experimenting a little can have great results. :)
Recipe
1 1/2 Cups Flour- 1/2 cup wheat flour  or use all Flour
1/4 Cup Wheat Germ or omit if you don't like it
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 egg
1 1/4Cup Milk
1/4 Vegetable oil/Canola oil
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl
Pour wet into the dry and mix until all incorporate well.
I use my 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out batter into muffin tins but use
whatever you are comfortable with and keep batter at least 1/2 in to 1/4 from top of tin.


Bake muffins at 350 for 18-20 min depending on your oven.

1 comment:

  1. When baking muffins I've been using Reynolds Jumbo baking cups. The reason being they seem stronger than your reg. muffin cup plus I think they look a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry Cake

Raspberry Cake

Little Minis

Little Minis

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes

Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes